Tonight, we managed to remove the most issues with the Miataru SailfishOS client. With v0.2-14 the location information of the device gets finally used, the location of the current device as well as other devices are displayed correctly, the map is centered to your actual location and some more minor issues got fixed.The latest version is available at OpenRepos for JailfishOS via Warehouse.
In addition, we added a page displaying some debug information. Current location, as well as the most recent requests and responses from to and from the Miataru server. By this it’s completely transparent what information is exchanged between your device and the server. Actually, this is possible because the protocol of Miataru is completely open, no secrets, traps and hidden information are sent to the server.
There are some known issues you should be aware of. However, please bear in mind at the current version it is still an alpha version of the software, though.
- Communication with the Miataru server takes place only on the map page, location information is not updated in the background
- Most recent requests on the Debug Information page are only displayed when the Map was used before.
- Accuracy on the Debug Information page is not displayed. It is used in the requests though, as you can see in the requests.
- When upgrading from an earlier version, some settings (Server URL, Devices etc.) might get lost. This is due to an arrangement of the settings database, however, it’s an alpha. We introduced some process to avoid those braking changes for the future (hopefully).
- The map indicators might overlap when providing common coordinates. While two or more devices are on close together, it might look on the map as there is only one device as the indicators on the map overlap.
Said that, you should be able to use it from now on. As the basic feature now work proper, we will start pimping the app by adding more features and fancy stuff over time.
Pingback: Miataru Updated v02-15 – Colorized Devices | aheil